- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Italian spice
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Chopped green pepper*
- Chopped broccoli*
- Chopped mushrooms*
- 1 15 oz. can pizza sauce
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- Feta cheese*
- Shredded mozzarella or cheddar*
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Amount and type of each topping is based on personal preference. Make it your own by replacing the ingredients listed here with your own pizza favorites! Just remember - all veggies go on before sauce, meat and cheese to allow for cook time.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes. In a food processor with a slice blade or using a mandolin, slice the sweet potatoes into 1/8" thick chips. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl or plastic bag and toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper until coated evenly.
- Grease a large cookie sheet and begin to evenly cover the bottom of the sheet with the sweet potato slices. Be sure to overlap the slices slightly and double up on any extra thin slices so that you have a nice, even 'crust'.
- Sprinkle the chopped green peppers, mushrooms and broccoli on top of the sweet potato slices and roast for 20 minutes.
- While your 'crust' is roasting, cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly. Drain the excess fat.
- Remove 'crust' from the oven. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top of crust.
- Drop spoonfuls of sauce on top of the cheese, veggie and sweet potato crust and spread around evenly.
- Top with cooked Italian sausage, pepperoni, feta and shredded cheese.
- Cook pizza for an addition 8-10 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.