MAKES 4 SERVINGS
For the pound cake
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup maple syrup or honey
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons coconut milk (use separated fat from can)
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
For the coconut whipped cream
1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated for 24 hours and separate the fat (this is what you want to use)
1-2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries (sliced)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Sift almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl add 4 eggs and beat lightly.
- To the lightly beaten eggs, add the honey, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla. Continue to beat, but don’t overheat. It’s okay to have some small clumps of coconut oil in the batter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool overnight.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place your mixing bowl and beater in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill.
- Remove coconut milk from the fridge and spoon out the thick layer of coconut cream into your chilled bowl.
- Beat the coconut cream on medium speed for 2-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in honey and vanilla, best until incorporated.
- Place in fridge until ready for use.
To Assemble Jars
- Chop the day-old vanilla pound cake into 1-inch squares.
- Cover the bottom of each jar with a layer of cake.
- Cover cake with a layer of fresh berries.
- Remove coconut whipped cream from the fridge and layer it on top of the berry mixture, repeat steps 2-4!
These delicious jars will last about 3 days in the refrigerator.The jars help to keep the insides fresh for longer.