MAKES 2 DOZEN
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ﬂour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups ﬂaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry jam
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine ﬂour and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture to the flour mixture and stir well combined. Stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and the walnuts.
- Press three quarters of the dough into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Spread raspberry jam over the dough. Sprinkle with white baking chips and remaining coconut. Crumble remaining dough over the top; press lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.