MAKES 12 TARTS
For the coconut crust
1 1/2 shredded unsweetened coconut
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
Coconut oil for baking
For the ganache
3/4 cup Enjoy Life Megachunks (or any chocolate you desire that melts nicely)
3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk (use only the coconut fat)
For the top
6 large strawberries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin pan with a layer of coconut oil to prevent sticking. (I used silicone cups and still had some issues with sticking.)
- Combine coconut, egg whites, and sugar in a large bowl until mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Place a scoop, about 1 tbsp in size, into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Press down on the mixture until it forms nicely into a cup shape around the bottom and sides of the tin - about 1/4 inch thick on all sides.
- Bake crusts for 20 minutes or until golden brown and set them aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the crusts are cooling begin to prepare the ganache filling, heat coconut milk in a small sauce pan over medium heat, do not boil.
- Once heated, pour in the Enjoy Life Megachunks and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring into the coconut cups.
- Top the ganache with half of a fresh strawberry.
- Place the coconut cups in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Note: These should be stored in the fridge.