- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup EnjoyLife mega chunk chocolate chips
- On medium heat, stir coconut oil, coconut butter and honey in a sauce pan until all ingredients are fully melted.
- Remove from heat. Add in vanilla and shredded coconut, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan (I used a silicone brownie pan, see left).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Melt chocolate chunks in a shallow bowl. I usually do this in the microwave stirring every 15-30 seconds, until smooth. Adding a dab of coconut oil to the chips will help them melt better. A double-boiler method would also work well.
- If you made your squares in an 8x8 pan, simply pour the melted chocolate over top, spread evenly and place it back in the fridge to firm up for a few hours before cutting. If you have used a silicone brownie pan like I did, pop out each square, dip the bottom in the melted chocolate and then place the square on a tray lined with wax paper. Once all squares have been dipped, place the tray back in the fridge until chocolate has set.
- Enjoy! Beware, these things are dangerous!