- 1.5 lb ground veal (you can use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork)
- 8 slices of bacon (if using an extra large muffin tin)
OR 3 slices (if using a loaf pan)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat, add minced garlic and sauté until it becomes fragrant.
- Add green peppers, red peppers, and red onions to the pan. Cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine meat, egg, almond flour, spices, hot sauce, and cooked veggies. Mix together well.
- For Loaf Pan: Place meat mixture in a loaf pan and pat down. Top with bacon slices.
- For Individual Meatloaf Muffins (using an extra large muffin pan): Wrap a piece of sliced bacon around the inside of each cup before filling with meat mixture. Cut the two extra pieces of bacon in thirds and top each mini meatloaf before placing in oven.
- For Loaf Pan: Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- For Individual Meatloaf Muffins: Cook for 20-25 minutes.