- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
(extra to roll truffles in if you aren't using a mold)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 bag Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels
- Dab of coconut oil for melting chocolate
- Dash of sea salt (if using mold)
- Pit the avocado and beat flesh with an electric mixer until completely smooth with no lumps.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and coconut sugar to the avocado flesh and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In the microwave, melt 1/2 cup of the dark chocolate morsels. Add a small dab of coconut oil and heat for 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring between each, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to the avocado mixture, combine well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Using a mold
- Remove truffle mixture from the fridge and roll into 1/2 inch balls. Using your finger, press down on each ball to flatten them out slightly. This will ensure that they fit in the mold and still have room to be covered with chocolate.
- In the microwave, melt 1 cup of dark chocolate morsels. Add a small dab of coconut oil and heat for 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring between each, until chocolate is smooth.
- Sprinkle truffle mold with a small amount of sea salt.
- Fill each mold 1/4 full with melted chocolate.
- Drop a truffle ball into each mold and then cover with remaining melted chocolate. Ensure that no air bubbles are inside your mold. If you find air bubbles, use a knife to gently move the melted chocolate around until the bubbles have filled in.
- Refrigerate mold for 30 minutes. Pop out your finished truffles and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Without a mold
- Roll truffle mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each truffle in cocoa powder to coat and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.